Essential Question

Essential Question: What is most important to rehabilitating a skier or snowboarder after a traumatic injury?

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blog 11: Mentorship 10 Hours

Due Date:  Friday January 10, 2014 by 8AM.

Content:

1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?

I am doing my mentorship at Mt. Baldy Ski Lifts Inc. in the Ski Patrol Department
2.   Who is your contact?

David Mix is my contact. He is the manager of the ski patrol department and my mentor. The ski patrol phone number is: (909) 981-9041
3.   How many total hours have you done (total hours should be reflected in 

your mentorship log located on the right hand side of your blog like your 

WB)?   

I have done a total of 36 hours. 
4.   Summarize the 10 hours of service you did.
Well I have completed more than 10 hours, but I do a lot of the same things each time I go to mentorship. So the 36 hours I have done so far has been with On the Hill Day which is reviewing medical and other skills and going over the hill's protocol as a refresher. I have also put up fencing and rope lines to block of dangerous areas and/or closed areas. I have also done inventory on medical supplies and stocked my vest with necessary medical supplies. I also got to take my friend for a "joy ride" in a toboggan. This was just for practice to learn how to properly handle a toboggan. I also picked up a lot of obstacles such as rocks and pine cones so customers don't get hurt while they ski or snowboard. 

5.   Email your house teacher the name of your contact and their phone 


number confirming who they should call to verify it.  





*You need 50 hours plus the original 10 in the summer by May.   The 

original 10 from the summer do not count toward the 50.  By the end of the 


year, you will have 60 hours counting that original 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment