Essential Question

Essential Question: What is most important to rehabilitating a skier or snowboarder after a traumatic injury?

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fun at Mentorship

This month I went to mentorship because we got some snow, finally! During my mentorship I helped put up a sight seeing rope, so I got to practice my clove hitch knot. I picked up obstacles like rocks and pinecones off the bunny hill. There was an avalanche seminar that I went too. I sat through the PowerPoint on avalanches. During this seminar I learned some cool stuff on avalanches and how to prevent them and how to be smart around avalanche danger areas. After the avalanche seminar, I went back out and skied around and picked up more obstacles and made sure all of our rope lines were staying up properly.
When I went to my mentorship this month, I was sitting in the lodge waiting for my lunch and a National Ski Patroller, Cash Murphy of the Far West Division, came up to me as I was sitting down and introduced himself and started talking to me. He said that he saw my vest and how it said Junior Ski Patrol and wanted to nominate me for the Outstanding Young Patroller of the Year award and asked me who he should talk to. I thought this was very cool because recently I was sent my registration patrol card and they sent me a patrol magazine in the mail and I was reading it and saw an article on a Outstanding Young Patroller of the Year and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. He also invited me to sit in on the avalanche seminar that was going to take place soon. 
The Ski Patrol magazine I was sent in the mail after I got my Ski Patrol Associates card. 
The article in the Ski Patrol magazine on the National Outstanding Award Winners. 
Article on the Outstanding Young Patroller of the Year, that I was nominated for by Cash Murphy.
Also, this month I started my second independent component of taking an online anatomy class. So far I have just been working on finishing up Unit 1 of the class. Unit 1 focuses on the basics of anatomy and understanding the basics of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment