Essential Question

Essential Question: What is most important to rehabilitating a skier or snowboarder after a traumatic injury?

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

 I am most proud of my activities because I thought they really went well. Even though my scenario cards were kind of boring, people in my presentation really grasped the skills I taught them to put the assessments together. The video activity was really fun and I got a lot of reactions from the videos I used, which was what I was aiming for. Both of my activities went along with the material I taught including my best answer. 

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?


AE       P          AP       CR       NC

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?


AE       P          AP       CR       NC

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
My research checks worked for me. I ended up doing over the amount that was required. This helped with pulling information for my presentations especially my final block presentation. Also, my first independent component went really well. I ended up really enjoying my Outdoor Emergency Care class with Trevor Samorajski. This class also helped me with my final block presentation because I got a lot of my material from either this class or the book, Outdoor Emergency Care: 5th Edition by Edward C. McNamara that went hand in hand with the class. 
(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
My mentorship was really a struggle for me because whenever I went up to mentorship my mentor was either not there, leaving really soon, or was busy. This was a struggle for me because I had to either plan the days I went to mentorship ahead of time or finds someone to shadow at mentorship. If I couldn't find someone to shadow during mentorship, I would just clean the patrol room, take inventory on medical supplies, or make sure the trails were cleared and the signs were upright. 
(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.
Senior project has been helpful for my future endeavors because I plan on studying nursing at Montana State University in Bozeman. Even though ski patrol is a completely different career path than nursing, it still goes hand in hand. My Outdoor Emergency Care class with Trevor Samorajski helped with opening my eyes to medical skills. When I start my journey of my nursing education, I will be ahead of the game because my Outdoor Emergency Care class was a basic medical background that nursing students start off with. This will be a review for me, which will be nice. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't feel that your scenario cards were boring at all...people were bleeding out of their ears! This topic fits in so well with nursing. I also appreciate how specific you were. Great job!

    ReplyDelete