Essential Question

Essential Question: What is most important to rehabilitating a skier or snowboarder after a traumatic injury?

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

PEACE OUT SENIOR YEAR, HELLO MONTANA!

All throughout May, I have been working on my final presentation. The first steps I took was completing my lesson template. After I finished it, I worked on my powerpoint. When I was working on my powerpoint I did the speaker notes as well to help me with my presentation. I also made sure my powerpoint met the one third rule. The one third rule really helped with making my powerpoint professional. This one third rule will always stick with me throughout college and beyond. After I finished my powerpoint I worked on creating my activities and finding all the materials for my activities like the videos and putting the scenario cards together. Once I finished my activities, I started to practice my presentation. As I was practicing my presentation I timed myself and I realized I wasn't making time I was short about 2 minutes, so I added more to my powerpoint. I kept addend more to my powerpoint until I was at about 45 minutes so I had time to spare just in case I forgot to say things. 

Also throughout the month of May, we had several deadlines like our final mentorship count and final research count. For these two deadlines I was prepared in advanced because I finished mentorship in April and my mentorship log was up to date. The only thing I had to do for this component was do the blog post that went along with it. For the final research count, I had been doing extra research at home, from the beginning of senior year and so all I had to do was turn in my notebook when the time came. Being prepared in advanced for both of these components was really nice because I didn't have to stress about it on top of my final block presentation. 

The time has finally come where I have completed my block presentation and my senior project. It is such a relief that the time has come. Reflecting back on it though it was a great experience and has been surprisingly really fun. I think my final presentation went very well especially both of my activities. Even if senior project or senior year has been really stressful, I will always look back on it as the best year of high school. This year I think I really matured and learned how to deal with high extreme amounts of stress better. Overall, I think my senior year was my most successful year of high school. I feel such an accomplishment of completing senior year.

I am finally done with stressful senior year. Next up is Bozeman, Montana. In August I will be moving to Montana State University to study nursing. During this time I hope to find a ski patrol job at Bridger Bowl, which is 20 minutes away from MSU. Also, when I come home I will have a job at Mountain High and Mt. Baldy Ski Lifts because Trevor Samorajski offered me a job when I interviewed him and David Mix has wanted me to become officially a part of patrol since I met him junior year. These jobs will be for my Christmas breaks. 

I will be attending Montana State University in  Bozeman in August to study nursing. 
GO CATS!
The beautiful campus I will be attending in August. 

David Mix wants me to be a part of ski patrol at Mt. Baldy. This will be a job over my Christmas break.


Trevor Samorajski offered me job at Mountain High as patrol once I turn 18. 
While I attend MSU I hope to get a ski patrol job at Bridger Bowl. 
I MADE IT OUT OF SENIOR YEAR ALIVE!



PEACE OUT SENIOR YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment